Monday, July 23, 2007

Days 19-22: Fading Fast

I'm failing and I know it. I'm starting to sink at an ever increasing rate and it's somewhat concerning to me that after only three weeks, whole days are once more passing without anything substantial being achieved at all.

Old habits are indeed hard to to break.

Friday saw another pointless day of printing, filing and discarding. This is time consuming and dull but necessary. I should be thankful that at the moment there is sufficient time at work to undertake this activity or my filing would be in even worse shape than it already is.

The weekend saw me sacrifice my own productivity to help boost my wife's. I took the boy out with me for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon to watch our first division team play (and get spanked again - they are not having a good season - of course, we took our own beating earlier in the afternoon so it's a club wide misery at the moment). He got to sit around, eat cold Vegemite toast and yell at the players, which means he had a good afternoon. H. was able to get some singing practice done. Sunday morning I took Elijah shopping with me as I spent some of my birthday money on CDs. He got antsy after a while so I didn't get to check out the bookshop and as a consequence, we were only gone for about 90 minutes. H. was able to get more stuff done around the house that had been bothering her, so I guess it wasn't in vain.

Today has been a mixed bag. I've finally finished the printing and collating the filing for my major work project. All I need to do now is to throw it in its file and folio it (ie manually and sequentially number each page - fun. Woo. Hold me back...). Hopefully tonight I can finish off some financial documents that we've been trying to fill out for weeks (various motivational crises have struck this particular issue). I also hope to try and back up some of the home DVDs of Bugs.

I've got to get this back on track, I'm just not sure how right now.

Oh, I forgot that since my wife gave me a bunch of t-shirts for my birthday, I had to make room for them. As a consequence, I have a pile of old and/or holey t-shirts in the bedroom waiting for me to either throw out or donate next weekend (the nearest charity bin requires me to drive there, so it can wait for the weekend).

No comments: