Friday, July 27, 2007

Day 25 & 26: The train wreck continues



Soon you will be able to look away as this train wreck is nearly over.

Once again work has been up and down. This time I have been waiting for some file covers to arrive from Records Management as I've filled up the files I had. One of them arrived today so I'm in the process of filling that one up. A number of briefings and pieces of correspondence have also started their epic journey upstream through the clearance process. It can be a slow and torturous path at times.

Meanwhile, the metaphorical list of things I need to do around the house continues to grow and grow. I am going to have to turn it into an actual list if I hope to get anything done. While I'm going to do a full review of the 30 day experiment when the time has passed, the number one thing I have learnt out of all of this is that if I don't have a physical list of actions, they are not going to get done.

The second thing I have learnt is that even if I only fill half of my 10 book allocation on the Safari Online library, the potential for time wasting is enormous. Right now I'm splitting my time between the Windows Vista Missing Manual and Ebay Hacks 2nd Edition.

Tonight I need to do some introductory reading on XML for my XML Technologies subject. I also think I'm being lined up to do a bit of video editing and uploading as the boy has been acting all cute again, apparently.

Train Wreck was originally uploaded to Flickr by zimpenfish and is used under a Creative Commons By Attribution Sharealike 2.0 licence.

No comments: