Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 13 & 14 - Success!

Success in the scheme of things at any rate. More work needs to be done, but after the lethargy and loss of momentum from the last week, I feel good that I've achieved something again.

Before

The messy and almost unusable desk in the study. The monitor on the left (which takes up a lot of space) is actually attached to the rarely used Mac G4 that sits just out of picture.

Cleaning the study Part 1

After


Cleaning the study Part 2

The Aftermath

A big ol' bag o' trash. It's mostly old print-outs, scraps of peripherals and empty boxes I should have flung out the door a long time ago.

Cleaning the study Part 3

4 comments:

Lenina said...

Hey, wanna fly to the states and clean up my office/bedroom? I haven't the time. And the inlaws are coming for a visit...

smp said...

Depends. You want to pay for three return tickets? I would need to bring my entourage after all :)

You know, it takes surprisingly little time if you are prepared to let go and be a little bit more ruthless with what you want to keep and what you should throw out.

I plan to one day actually practice what I preach, too...

Anonymous said...

never one to be out-done :)

my own baggy
http://20knots.net/work/paper1.jpg

tidy office after efforts
http://20knots.net/work/paper2.jpg

the last important bits under the desk - the whole floor looked like that.
http://20knots.net/work/paper3.jpg

lets keep in mind here - it took you a few days, it took me 3 months.

smp said...

Dude, you need a new work chair. That one can not be conducive to long hours of futzing on the laptop.

On the other hand, maybe that's a good thing...