Monday, September 30, 2002

Wow. Shit. Been quite a while since I last wrote.

The girl came down to visit me for a week and just flew back home today. The week seemed far too short, but it was a fantastic time while she was here. It was just so nice to see her, hold her, hug her, brush her hair, kiss her etc etc etc (and no, I'm not being sleazy here...I'll save that for another time ;> )

I've still got the cold, although it has morphed into something more evil. I've got a wet cough, a dry cough, really sore neck joints and glands that go up and down faster than a two bit whore on a Saturday night. I don't feel well, but I'm struggling on for the time being. I've got an appointment to see the doctor this Wednesday so maybe I'm going to be better soon.

Sadly, my old dog was given the "green dream" late last week and is now my late dog. Although the dog and I haven't disagreed with each other's very existence for quite a few years now, I was still a bit sad when my sister emailed me to tell me the bad news. In a bad weekend for dogs, H's mum rang her to tell her that her old dog had died as well. Both dogs were definitely on their last legs, but it is still the end of an era.

The girl and I had an engagement party of sorts on Saturday night. It was really just an excuse to have a little party so that she could meet all my new friends down here, but still it was a lot of fun. We made chocolate fondue, which I nearly killed but it was rescued in the end. Apparently, chocolate doesn't just magically melt into liquid but tends to melt than burn and make a mess (and smell bad). As I now know, it needs things like cream or milk and marge to make a fondue. The things you learn.

I've got a nice trip to Woollongong this weekend to play soccer. I have no idea what it will be like (especially as I'm still sick) but I've never had an end of season trip so it should be fun. If nothing else, it's an excuse to have a few drinks over a long weekend.

No comments: