Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Man, what a weekend. You can forget about Friday night or all Saturday as I didn't do much. My Saturday night was spent watching two hours of The X-Files. Woo. I've got to slow down before I give myself a heart attack.

Anyway, very very early Sunday morning I boarded a bus full of my soccer team mates and we cruised up to Wollongong to play the Warilla Wanderers in something of a regional derby (Warilla Wanderers are associated with the Spanish club in Wollongong).

The bus trip was fun. The game not so much. It was hot (hot for a Canberran anyway), I got very little match time and we lost 4-2 after leading 2-1 and outplaying the opposition for most of the much.

After the match, we had dinner at the Spanish club. However, the food was crap and I didn't eat much of it. On the other hand, the alcohol was very cheap ($2.70 for a bourbon and coke) and I drank my share. In fact, I drank a lot of people's share. Having said that, I did very well and didn't pull up too badly the next day, which is more than I can say about some others. Some people were extraordinarily smashed to pieces. Made me look like an angel in comparison.

Might not sound like much, but it was still stacks of fun. Unfortunately, we didn't reach Canberra until about 7pm on Monday so I'm still recovering from it all.

Was worth it though.

No comments: