Thursday, September 05, 2002

Ooh, it's been a few days since I updated this. I know, I've been slack. However, there's really not been all that much to say. I moved into a new section at work on Monday and will spend the next three months immersing myself in issues relating water quality, salinity, environmental flows and all things Murray-Darling. Promises to be a lot of fun, but also a hell of a lot of work. Still, it will definitely be worth it.

I tasted the bitter taste of eBay defeat - slammed down within the last 5 minutes. It's a good thing to because I got caught up in the bidding a little and was prepared to pay a bit more than I can probably justify. Even the price I finally settled on was still only 25% of RRP. Oh well B4, even though I never knew you, I'll miss you so. Someone even offered to sell me a copy of the software for $30 plus P+P. I've got a suspicion that this was in fact warez ($30 for something that retails between $400 and $500? I think I'm right to be a little suspicious) so I reluctantly turned it down. Call me strange, but to me it's theft. If other people can do it and sleep at night, that's there problem. It's just not for me. A lot of time and effort goes into developing these products and everyone still has the right to earn a living. That's the problem with the internet - it's raised a whole generation of people who seem to believe that they should get everything for nothing. I guess I'll just have to settle for free imitations (like the B5 sound module offered by SampleTank).

Have had a bit of trouble getting motivated lately. Even though I'm finally getting enough sleep, I'm still having trouble staying awake and keeping energised. Sometimes it sucks to be so far away from all your loved ones.

The wedding plans are moving along nicely (no thanks to me of course...there's not much you can do when you live 1300kms away from the organisation of it). The venue and reception have been booked and a large chunk of the "little things" have been squared away. I wish I could help more, I really do, but my options are somewhat limited.

No comments: