Friday, September 01, 2006

Off their trolley

If finally had to happen. The trolley is gone.

On the weekend all the tertiary institutions in Canberra had an open day, where prospective students would be shown around the campus and the institutions would have an opportunity to offload all the pamphletts that they had lying about the place because someone accidentally added a zero the Quantity column on the printer's order form. This time last weekI figured that if ever there was a time when CIT would want to not look like the dudes from Animal House had just visited after yet another giant kegger, this would be the time.

Monday morning, bright and early, I mentally waved to the trolley still sitting in the tree as I sped past on the bus. I guess CIT was about more than looking good. "We're not shallow" the campus seemed to say. "We are all about the learning here, we are. Frankly, we're a little disappointed that you could think so little of us. For shame."

Tuesday morning I drove to work as I had a lecture in the afternoon, so I did not pass the trolley. In a way, I'm sad, because on Wednesday when I passed CIT on the bus, the trolley was gone.

I never even got to say goodbye...

No comments: