Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy birthday to me...

...happy birthday to me,
I've been looking after Elijah,
And now I smell like wee.

Flexed the day of the work which meant I got to spend my little day at home doing not very much. I had planned to reinstall a whole heap of music software that I hadn't done since The Upgrade but instead I battled a computer that once again wouldn't even POST.

In desperation I dug out my old tube of thermal paste, cleaned up the CPU and heatsink and reapplied the paste. Seems like the computer is working fine now, but we'll see if it boots up tomorrow before I get too cocky about it. The plan to reinstall the software will perhaps eventuate tonight, or maybe later in the week. It may sit off my hard drive for even longer as uni starts back next week, although they are doing their best to keep my away it would seem (a SNAFU with my fee payments means that at this stage I am technically behind $3,732 in tuition fees when that should already have been taken care of).

I'm not going to list the pressie I got, but suffice to say I'm happy with all of them (including the funky little cuff links my brother sent over from London - OK, so I'll list one pressie).

Back to reality tomorrow...

2 comments:

Lenina said...

Happy Birthday person I don't know!!!

:)

smp said...

Thank you both kindly. Random birthday good wishes is always a nice thing to receive :)