Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spammed

Seems like my free and easy commenting policy has been abused. I've just deleted 29 comments that, in various ways, said my site was nice, I was nice and oh, by the way, hidden in my post is a link farm for you to click on.

Moderating is tedious so I've enabled word verification to begin with. We'll see how it goes.

-s
(oh, and more beardy pics coming. My hard drives are rapidly dying and until I can replace them, having a functioning computer is a gamble on a boot by boot basis)

2 comments:

Gaby de Wilde said...

I read your post and thought it was intersting. hehehe

One time I abandoned-blog when I got 100+ spam comments. On my current blog I don't have any comments of any kind :(

I was going to write a script to forward "known spam" to something like clickbank. I figure that's where they belong. :-)

You know, sell em a book about getting rich quick. hahaha

smp said...

I found it amusing (in a this-is-weird-but-worth-a-chuckle way) that the spambot decided that a blog with such little traffic that even the author forgets to read it was a good place to try and harvest some click throughs.

I was happy to have an open system for comments but I guess I was just being naive :( A strange mistake to make for someone with a genearlly low opinion of humanity as a whole...

-s