Monday, May 15, 2006

Hair raising adventures

I hate shaving. I really do. It sucks having to do it 5 mornings a week. When I'm on holidays I shave as little as possible. Unfortunately, I generally only go on holidays to go back home for Christmas and it gets too hot and humid in Brisbane at that time of year to go without shaving for too long.

Since I've been home on paternity leave, I haven't had to shave and it's been fun. Alas, I return to work on Wednesday, so the stubble must go. There's nothing saying it all has to go at once though...


These hideous photos were taken after soccer on 13 May (we lost so I don't know what I'm smiling about). I hadn't shaved in exactly one month.









These nasties were taken the following night. It's amazing what a trim will do for appearances...










Since I go back to work tomorrow, more hair raising adventures will follow.

I guarantee it.

-s

3 comments:

Stacey said...

LOL The beard really makes you look like a daddy hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Heh, one month? I get like that after a damn week! Sometimes it's great, other times it's annoying. :/

However, you're right - a trim does wonders for the appearance. Did you see the series of pics I took with my phone last year? There were some cool ones taken as I progressed through a beard trim of my own... ;)

smp said...

Walter, you're like that after a couple of hours!

Still, the photos don't quite do it justice. It had become a proper healthy beard, but the lighting shows up the thin spots.

I've got the camera plugged in to the computer now, so maybe there'll be some updates soon :)

-s