Friday, June 25, 2004

Net No Friends

I have come to the conclusion that my online presence is zero and I have no friends.

Despite the fact that just about every geek and his hard drive has one, I have yet to be graced with an invitation to join either Orkut or gMail.

Just because I don't use any sort of IM software and I don't spend any time on IRC or forum boards (not geeky ones anyway - I don't think KvR counts), does this mean I should not be welcomed by the warm embrace of online geekdom? Apparently, online geekdom is reserved for those geeks who spend the majority of their time online.

Sometimes life is so unfair.

(Edited 25-6-04, 20:27, to fix some links)

3 comments:

Sherlock said...

If you want some gmail - let me know. i've got like a 50 of the suckers to give away,

smp said...

Thanks for the offer but I've had gmail for about a year now. Strangely enough, that's about how long it has been since I've updated this! Actually, I'd forgotten I even had a blog.

Out of curiousity, how did you stumble upon this?

-s

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»