Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Just can't leave well enough alone

My skin, for some reason, has been playing up a little lately (too much information? Probably. Deal.)

Yesterday afternoon, I found a pimple that only I could see (and that was because only I can feel it) and it started driving me mad. When I got home, I just had to get at it. I just had to. I don't know why. I just did.

It was stubborn. It was deep. It was not its time. I didn't care. After much effort, I finally got it (well, some of it). Of course, for my efforts I now have what can only be described as a plasmay, leaky mess near the corner of my mouth. Luckily I can hide some of it in my facial hair but I can still see it. I know it's there, mocking me, whispering "You never learn, do you. Punk."

One day I will learn. On the upside, I did derive great satisfaction from the process. After all, it's the journey that is important, not the destination.

No comments: