Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Back amongst the living again

It's been a while, and so much has happened yet nothing changes.

In the last couple of months we met Tori Amos, I was involved in a minor car accident, the car was repaired (and looks better than it did before the accident), my knee continues to recover well (I have permission to start running again. Yay!) and Elijah continues to grow and amaze us all.

University sucked up every spare moment that wasn't spent either at work, choring domestically or playing with the boy. I discovered yesterday that the effort was worthwhile as my final assignment mark was returned to me, just squeezing me up in to the High Distinction category, maintaining my perfect record (6 HDs from 6 subjects studied so far). There is still a long way to go as my current pace of 1 subject a semester will see me graduate at the end of 2010 {sigh}. With a bit of luck, the IT skills shortage will rage on unabated until then.

Work has been spotty and at times lacking in stimulation. The new year will bring some personal reflection and evaluation of where I want to be and where we want to be as a family. Interesting times might well be ahead.

3 comments:

Lenina said...

As much as I hate to, because it will push back my graduation date even further, I'm taking next semester off to pursue the writing thing. Mainly because I'm kind of drowning and down right now about the whole class/studying thing.

Congrats on your good marks. And good luck on the soul searching. And you have the cutest kid in the entire world.

smp said...

You need to follow your instincts or they will bug you until you do. That's why I'm studying IT for my quarter-life crisis. I had always wanted to do it and decided I really needed to give it a shake and see how it went.

It's just 6 months. You've got plenty of time :)

I do indeed have the cutest the kid in the world. It's nice to have external confirmation.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I know a few cute kids now and refuse to judge between them lest i incur the wrath of any set of parents.

congrats on the marks mate.

we'll catch up soon :) yay for rain, and yay for the old forgotten dial-up account.