Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Getting it right

I'm not a perfect husband by any means. I'm often tired and grumpy, I can be impatient and I have a nasty habit of being sarcastic, glib and dismissive (all at the same time, mind you).

Last week the local paper had a competition to win an opportunity to meet Tori Amos and receive front row tickets to her Canberra concert. Anyone who knows my wife knows she is a huge (obsessive?) Tori fan and we have had tickets to this concert for many weeks already. I knew H. would be busy the day of the competition so I entered it on her behalf. A chance to meet your hero doesn't come along very often after all.

As a consequence of my entry, we now have two spare tickets to the concert, my wife has enjoyed a week of excited anticipation as she waits to meet her musical hero this weekend and, for just a short period of time, I have been proclaimed The Best Husband in the Universe.

See, sometimes I do get it right.

No comments: