Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Feeling kneeded. Again.

I'm out of hospital and feeling okay (painkillers help, although they are a little strong). The worse-case scenario didn't materialise and I am thankful I didn't need my ACL reconstructed. In the end my meniscus was repaired (by cutting lots of it away) and the doctor punched a hole in the cyst that had also grown on my knee. Hopefully that will start draining away, too.

For the not so squeamish, here's the before and after...

Before
Pre-op knee


After
The result

2 comments:

Lenina said...

I hope you're feeling well. I know its a pain (bad pun?), but at least it wasn't the worst it could have been. I also notice your half shaved leg. Chris refused to let me shave the rest of his leg, so the hair would be the same. He said he had to retain some type of manliness. Did you go bald?

smp said...

I remained half-shaven. It's even more manly because weird shaved patches are a clear symbol of manly sport related injury requiring application of adhesive tape or surgery, necessitating partial shaving.

Of course, it's the tail-end of winter here so I'm wearing long pants 24/7 and no one sees. But if they could see, it would make no difference to me :)

Incidentally I'm much better and making daily improvements. Another couple of weeks and I should be in a better state than when I went in for the op.