Monday, May 21, 2007

Sandman

Guess what arrived in the mail late last week?

Neil Gaiman's Absolute Sandman


*drool*

The photo doesn't even begin to do justice to the gorgeous quality of this massive (and very heavy) hardcover collection of the first 20 episodes of The Sandman, written by one of my favourite authors Neil Gaiman.

I haven't actually read it yet (or opened it beyond taking the photo). I want to be able to sit down and dedicate some time to this one.

Oooh, the anticipation...

2 comments:

Lenina said...

Gosh I was turned on to Gaiman about eight years ago, as a sophomore in high school. He is amazing. American Gods is my favorite to date. But Neverwhere is a close second.

smp said...

My first Neil Gaiman book was well before I even knew who Neil was - "Ghastly Beyond Belief", with Kim Newman, which is a collection of bad movie and book quotes, by lines, slogans etc. The second Neil Gaiman book was also before I know who Neil was, "Good Omens", which I bought because I love Terry Pratchett.

The first time I had knowingly a Neil Gaiman product was when my wife bought me American Gods one Christmas. I think I've read all of his books except the new collection of short stories.

Sandman had completely passed me by. I don't intend to repeat that mistake :) The second volume of Absolute Sandman was announced just the other day, too.

Can't wait for Stardust the movie to come out. Sometime in July I think, although I don't think I'll get a chance to see it at the movies :(